The use of all Murty Fonts is subject to the terms of this Murty Fonts End User License Agreement (the “License”).
The Murty Fonts are published by Harvard University Press on behalf of President and Fellows of Harvard College (“Harvard”). Harvard hereby grants Licensee, free of charge, a non-exclusive, non-assignable license to use, copy and embed unmodified copies of the Murty Fonts for non-commercial purposes (as defined below), subject to all of the terms and conditions of this License.
Any reference to the Murty Fonts in this License includes all software necessary to use, copy and embed the fonts.
Ownership and Permitted Use
The digital font software copyright and any protected design rights in the Murty Fonts are the property of Harvard’s licensor, Tiro Typeworks Ltd. The name Murty Fonts and the names of the individual Murty Fonts are trademarks of Harvard. Copyrights in any documentation provided by Harvard will be the property of Harvard.
Under this License, individuals and institutions may make non-commercial use of the Murty Fonts.
A non-commercial use is any scholarly or educational use of Murty Fonts for which there is no direct or indirect charge. The following are examples of non-commercial use: use in publications, in any format, for which there is no charge; use in the classroom (physical or virtual); use in the exchange of materials between scholars.
If you wish to make any commercial use of the fonts, you must seek permission from Tiro Typeworks Ltd: [Email Address].
A commercial use is any use of Murty Fonts for which any fee or income is paid to Licensee or any other person. The following are examples of commercial use: sale or license of fonts in any format or medium; use of fonts in a book, journal or other publication, in print or electronic format, that is for sale; use of the fonts in a website, or in a publication or other work posted on a website, that charges any fee for access or use.
Specific Conditions of Use
- Licensee has no rights to the Murty Fonts other than as expressly set forth in this License.
- Licensee may not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, give, lend, or further distribute or transfer the Murty Fonts, or any copy thereof, or any individual components or the documentation, for use by any other person except as expressly provided in this License.
- Licensee may install and use any Murty Font on no more than three computers of Licensee (for instance: Licensee's home, office, and laptop computers), provided that if a Murty Font is used as part of an electronic product purchased from Harvard University Press, it may be installed on as many computers as are covered by the license for that product. In no case may Murty Fonts be installed or used on a server that can be accessed via the Internet or other external network system. Murty Fonts may not be served to the Web by whatever mechanism. Licensee may not link to copies of Murty Fonts through program instructions (including, but not limited to, the CSS @font-face rule), thereby causing a copy or copies of a Murty Font or part of a Murty Font to be transferred to a computer other than that of Licensee or of another user permitted under this License.
- Licensee may not embed Murty Fonts in an electronic document or data file for any reason other than a use permitted under this License. If a Murty Font contains embedding bits that limit its capabilities, Licensee may not change or alter the embedding bits. Embedding a Murty Font in Adobe PDFs is allowed only in read-only format. Such documents may be viewable and printable, but must not be editable by third parties.
- Licensee may take a digitized copy of a Murty Font used for a particular document, or a Murty Font embedded in an electronic document, to a commercial printer or service bureau for use by the printer or service in printing such document, on the condition that the printer or service bureau must delete the Murty Font after completion of the job.
- Licensee acknowledges that the Murty Fonts are protected by copyright and other intellectual property law. Licensee may not copy the Murty Fonts, except as expressly provided in this License. Any copies that Licensee makes must reproduce all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices that appear on or in the Murty Fonts. Licensee may not adapt, modify, alter, translate, convert, or otherwise change the Murty Fonts, or create derivative works from Murty Fonts or any portion thereof. Licensee may not reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Murty Fonts. Licensee agrees to use trademarks associated with the Murty Fonts only to identify printed output produced by the Murty Fonts. Licensee may not change any trademark or trade name designation for the Murty Fonts.
- Licensee may make one back-up copy of Murty Fonts for archival purposes only, and Licensee shall retain exclusive custody and control over such copy. Upon termination of the License, Licensee must destroy any and all copies of the Murty Fonts in its custody.
- HARVARD DOES NOT WARRANT THE PERFORMANCE OR RESULTS LICENSEE MAY OBTAIN BY USING THE MURTY FONTS. HARVARD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO NON- INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL HARVARD BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANYONE ELSE WITH RESPECT TO USE OF THE FONTS (I) FOR ANY DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF HARVARD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST LICENSEE BY ANY THIRD PARTY SEEKING ANY DAMAGES EVEN IF HARVARD HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH CLAIMS.
- This License shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA. All disputes that may arise in connection with this License shall be adjudicated exclusively in the competent court in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, USA. The United Nations Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this License. Any finding that any part of this License is void and unenforceable will not affect the balance of the License, which shall remain valid and enforceable according to its terms.
- This License shall automatically terminate upon failure by Licensee (or any agent or representative) to comply with its terms. The termination of the License shall not preclude Harvard from suing licensee for damages for any breach of the License.
- Download Murty Bangla from Harvard University Press [OpenType Font + EULA]
- Download Murty Gurmukhi from Harvard University Press [OpenType Font + EULA]
- Download Murty Hindi from Harvard University Press [OpenType Font + EULA]
- Download Murty Kannada from Harvard University Press [OpenType Font + EULA]
- Download Murty Sanskrit from Harvard University Press [OpenType Font + EULA]
- Download Murty Telugu from Harvard University Press [OpenType Font + EULA]